Monday 9 July 2012

June Favourites


Skincare & Haircare



Kiehl's Creamy Avocado Eye Treatment
During winter my eyes are left so dry and this eye cream has been a major source of hydration for me! I also have the Clinque All About Eyes and a few other random eye creams and none of them hydrate like this does! Perfect for night time or if you just have super dry eyes like me.

Kerastase Ciment Thermique
I just found this sample lying around my house and I'm so glad I tried it! I've honestly been too put off by the price of Kerastase products to try any, but I definitely think you get what you pay for with this product. It smells great, makes my hair dry super fast (with blow drying) and makes it feel incredible. Definitely buying the full size on pay day.

Makeup



Nars Blush in Sin
A beautiful berry coloured blush that leaves a nice sheen on the cheek and blends like a dream. Again I think you get what you pay for with NARS blushes and even though I only have one, it's definitely one of my favourites! Should be getting some more soon!

Topshop Cream Blush in Neon Rose
Mac Mineralise Skinfinish in Redhead
These blushes have been a nice little combination for me and one I discovered during the month of June. I love the brightness of the Topshop cream blush and it blends really nicely too. Pairing Redhead over the top just adds some shimmer to the cheek and makes the blush combo last for ages. I seriously look at my cheeks so much when I'm wearing this combo

Revlon Colorstay Eyeshadow Palette in Attitude
So another neutral eyeshadow palette has managed to find itself in my collection and I've been really loving it this month! My favourite is the lilac/silver/pink/taupe colour for all over the lid, and I've actually been quite surprised by how well the warm brown in the palette works in the crease for this look. I normally keep like with like and pair MAC's Shale with the lid colour, but this brown brings some warmth to the eye and just looks nice!

Swatches L to R: Revlon warm brown, Revlon lilac, Topshop Neon Rose, MAC Redhead, The combination, NARS Sin

Essence Gel Eyeliner in Midnight in Paris
I couldn't recommend this Essence gel liner enough! For the price, its super soft, doesn't dry out quickly, doesn't budge in hot weather or over time. I'd been skipping the eyeliner recently, but gotten back on the bandwagon in June just because I know my boyfriend likes that look, and I must say it's very pretty! Sometimes I think liner can make me look to done up, but when I am going for that look it really does the job!

Maybelline Falsies Waterproof

The.Best. Mascara. Ever. Or for my stubbornly uncurling lashes anyway. I have the right lash curlers and boy do I curl them, but sometimes some mascaras just don't get along with my lashes. After first trying this mascara ages ago (and loving it) I decided to try out some other mascaras until it was a year later and I hadn't been impressed by any except this one! A real bitch to get off, but the results are like no other!

Miscellaneous


Real Techniques brushes
I need to get more of these brushes desperately and I plan to! I have the core brush kit and I just love how multi-purpose all of the brushes are particularly the contour and the buffing brushes.

Modelsprefer Crease Brush MPP120
I've been using this brush to blend my under eye concealer and loving the results! This isn't the best quality brush and I find it quite scratching on the eye, but for concealer I some how don't have this problem and it works a treat!


Chanel Coco Madmoiselle
This is a beautiful fragrance and unlike any other I've owned before. The Soap and Glory hand food, which I love, smells very similar to this perfume, so if you like the scent, this perfume is like the Holy Grail. I use it on special occasions because it feels very fancy and grown up, and I just love having a scent that can do that for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment